Attachment & RemovalRSS Feed
Daily usage tips for your hairpiece systems can be seen below for your convenience:
- You will have to properly clean your scalp before usage.
- It would be prudent to use the white clear liner tape on surfaces that are polyurethane based. Also, change the tape regularly for better efficiency.
- If you feel too lazy to replace the tape every day, then you can just apply a thin layer of liquid adhesive as you are about to apply the hair system back on head.
- Take a look at the quick steps for effective hair replacement applying to the head here.
Tips for a full lace front hair regime:
For better efficiency, you need to make sure that the tape is always fixed to the hair system rather than your scalp. On removing the system, you need to keep the tape fixed to the unit.
- For lace surface, it is recommended to not use a white clear-liner tape as the material doesn’t have enough grip to attach to because of the mesh fabric. This will not provide a firm grip for the system.
- Try using a blue, proflex or mess free residue adhesives which will provide better stickiness. Make sure that the unit doesn’t get damaged when you are about to remove it from your head daily.
- On removing a lace hair regime after your daily usage, make sure that you peel its back first. After that, use your thumbnail at the bottom and index finger at the top to peel the front of the system carefully.
- For cleaning a lace hairpiece system, it is recommended to spray an adhesive remover from the top of the system before you are about to remove it from the unit. It will help to easily remove the lace material from the tape. Use this tip only if you are planning to clean it, otherwise it is advisable that you do not remove it.
- To use the toupee tape again, apply a thin layer of liquid adhesive on the tape and attach it to the system. It is advisable to remove the tape every 1-2 weeks later for cleaning purposes.
- Dust particles are expected to tangle in the hairpiece and lace units making it visible overtime. A shower would be prudent here to clean it abruptly. Now you can use an Adjust-a-Bond on the tip of the double tissue. While keeping your hair regime positioned, wipe the lace’s edge with the help of a wetted tissue. This makes the lace translucent or barely visible for better efficiency.
For a comfortable bonding, these toupee tapes and hairpiece adhesives are used for better adherence. These have capable adhesive laid on both sides to fix properly. Also known as “medical” or “surgical grade” strips, these are prepared keeping the environment fully sterilized.
Multi-type hair adhesive strip
Toupee tapes come up in numerous types and colors to give you an enhanced comfort. Except the cloth tape all other are transparent making it blend with the head without being visible. The colors depict the different levels of stickiness for these tapes.
These tapes are available in strips or as rolls. Their formulation is on the basis of the outer line from where the hair start growing. The hair system has to be carefully adjusted for which these strips are designed keeping the color and type accurate.
Find out more about these Hairpiece adhesive strips
- Different tapes and hairpiece adhesive strips: Get to know the various colors and their purpose. Also understand how the tackiness of the tapes operate according to their designing.
- Profiles, sizes and rolls: Take a look at the various categories of outline strips. Also review the shapes and sizes for the hairpiece tapes.
- How to apply: To understand how to apply your new toupee tape, you can follow the method as provided here.
Where can you purchase toupee tape?
Come along to witness our exceptional selection of toupee tapes and hairpiece adhesive strips for you. Select from numerous sizes and colors to get the right one that suits you. Or let us help you with the selection better.
- White Liner Tape
- Mess free Residue
- Red Liner Tape
- Cloth Tape
- Minitabs and Proflex strips
- Super tape
- Blue lace tape